* LACK OF INFORMATION MAYBE THE MAIN CAUSE OF RESIDENTS OF BRADFIELD NOT TAKING POSITIVE ACTION AGAINST CLIMATE CHANGE - 'WHAT SHOULD I DO?' HOW DO I DO IT?'
*Survey research by Ku-ring-gai Council 'Net Zero' Team found that one of the main barriers reported by respondents for NOT taking positive action against climate change is because of a lack of information!
* This is supported by reponses to Electrifying Bradfield's own social survey.
* These results may also explain that despite being one of the wealthiest and best educated electorates in Australia, some areas of Bradfield have the some of the lowest installations of rooftop solar!
* 'Electrifying Bradfield' is attempting to respond to this reported lack of information in two programs - one for schools and one for community organizations.
SCHOOL program - Several members of 'Electrifying Bradfield' have extensive experience in teaching in primary and secondary schools and in working with school systems, schools and teachers to develop curriculum and teaching strategies & resources - including those related to themes/issues/content about climate change and renewable energies.
* They are offering to schools - FREE! NO COST! - their time, knowledge and expertise to work WITH teachers and students to inform them about useful activities/projects/resources/sites that are already available - and develop with them additional ones as necessary.
* There are potential activities/projects relevant to issues/topics of climate change and renewable energy applicable to most subjects of the NSW primary and secondary curriculum.
* Invitations are gradually being sent to all principals of schools in the Bradfield electorate. However, if you are also a principal/teacher/ parent/student in a school outside the Bradfield electorate and would like someone to come to your school please get in touch! - Contact details below!
* Research with young people reveals that many feel anxious, distressed, angry and even depressed about climate change, its impacts and the difficult challenges of a possible future world they will inherit. These feelings are also possibly fed by evidence from other research that many teachers/schools are not engaging students with knowledge and activities related to climate change, particularly knowledge about all of the many positive things that are happening all over the world to mitigate against its impacts and effects.
* Programs/activities/resources that 'Electrifying Bradfield' will offer in schools will particularly emphasise positive things that are happening with the aim to raising active hope that can reverse negative feelings!
* Principal? Teacher? Student? Parent? - Would you like our support?
Get in touch! Put a message on this website! Contact David Smith on 0425 284 655 or dlangleysmith31@ gmail.com.
COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS PROGRAM:
* Are you President? Secretary? Activitiies Co-Ordinator? of a community organization?
* If so, would you like someone to visit your organization to speak, have a conversation about climate change, its causes and impacts? Transition to renewable energies - What? How? Why? The latest research and information? What is happening in Australia and internationally?
* If so, 'Electrifying Bradfield Inc.' are offering to do just that!
* Organizations in the Bradfield electorate are gradually being contacted to offer one or more of our members to come to visit. But if you read this as someone outside the Bradfield electorate and would like to take up our offer THEN!
* Please contact us! Leave a message on this website! Contact David Smith on 0425 284 655 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* WATCH THIS SPACE! If you would like some idea of the sort of presentation offered a video link of a recent one will be available on our website very soon! However, presentations can be tailored to your members' requests!